“Although Australian based, I have spent several years living in Southern Africa and New Zealand. Watercolour is my great love; it is the fluidity and spontaneity that attracts. As a medium, watercolor lends itself to the softness and curves of the human form. It allows the artist great freedom. Portraiture by its very nature is an intimate experience. Especially with children I see the love of a parent for their child. It is that individual passion and character I hope to portray. Preoccupied as we are, perhaps from very different backgrounds there is always a human connection. I also enjoy creating simple graphite portraits – works on paper. My portraits have been commissioned throughout Australia as well as in United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, Singapore, Vietnam and New Zealand.”
Corporate Art Collections
- ResMed Limited, Innovation Centre, Bella Vista, Sydney, Australia
- RSL Life Care, RSL ANZAC Village, Narrabeen, Sydney, Australia
- 2012 Finalist – Black Swan Prize for Portraiture, Perth WA
- 2012 – Australian Federal Parliament House, Canberra, “Celebrating Innovators”
- 2009”Unsung Heroes” Exhibition
- 2011 ”The Face of Australia”, NSW Parliament House, Sydney
- 2009 ”Parliament Objects” Exhibition, NSW Parliament House, Sydney
- 2013 Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney: “Art of Sydney” Exhibition
- 2011 “All The World’s A Stage”- Victorian Art Society Gallery, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
- 2012 Blacktown City Art Prize 2012 – Exhibitor
- 2010 – “Face Off” The MLC Gallery, Ultimo, Sydney, NSW, Australia:
- 2009 – “Acquaessence” – The Newcastle Art Space, Newcastle:
- 2012, 2010 2008 PAA exhibitions at the The Art House Hotel, Sydney
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 – Ku-Ring-Gai Art Society Exhibitions, Sydney.
- Habitat Gallery, Adelaide.
Exhibiting member of Portrait Artists Australia (PAA), The Combined Arts Societies of Sydney (CASS) and the Ku-Ring-Gai Art Society (KAS).
- Studied in Adelaide, South Australia – German born Sculptor Thea Bluhm
- Studied in Durban, Natal, South Africa – Watercolour Artist Wendy Ahm
- Studied in Sydney, Australia at Ku-Ring-Gai Art Centre – Watercolour Artists Madeleine Szymanski, Rob Candy, Malcolm Carver.